Building and sustaining the team
This element of the mobilisation stage aims:
- to establish a coherent team with shared goals and objectives, able to work collaboratively together throughout the life of the project
- to identify and tackle any barriers to effective engagement early in the life of the project
- to undertake ongoing activity throughout the project to ensure the optimum degree of team engagement and alignment is maintained.
The framework for building and sustaining the team includes the following key elements:
- build a team that aspires to be the best
- develop the cohesion of the team
- embed some coping tools for dealing with conflict
- develop an understanding of - and value - the contributions that each team member can make.
A team where everyone is fully behind the objectives of the project and able to work effectively as a genuine team.